Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"April Fools"-Rufus Wainwright

For a song called "April Fools," there is conspicuously little going on here in the way of practical joking. As far as I can tell, it's about relationships or something (ew) and not about dumping water on someone's head. At the very least, he could have started the song off being about relationships and then had it actually be about a robotic panda, or a Pomeranian in a little coat. OR halfway through it could have turned into "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, although I think that might count as copyright infringement.

Look, I know that April Foolsing can be risky (last year I convinced some of my friends that my mom had gotten a tattoo and afterwards they were pissed that I made them look dumb) but what I am asking Rufus Wainwright to do is to NUT UP. Real musicianship takes courage.

But it's, y'know, super awesome and catchy and all that. So I guess every day is a good day to listen to a song that doesn't suck.

listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment