Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Konichiwa Bitches"-Robyn

Robyn came out with "Show Me Love" in 1993.  You might remember this song if you are a girl and you were alive at that point.  I guess she was probably doing stuff between then and 2005, but I didn't know about it.  Somehow though, in that span of time, she must have decided that it might be cool to be the Missy Elliott of Sweden.

Hard shoes to fill.  She does an admirable job.  Don't try to resist the feeling of indestructibility that creeps up on you as you listen to these lyrics:

You wanna rumble in space?
I put my laser on stun.
And on the North Pole,
I'll ice you, son.


Yeah!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so very hot that when I rob ya' mansion / you don't call the cops you call the fire station

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely my other favorite part. And isn't the video totally cracked out and awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. click on the link in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm. There are two "Show Me Love"s by two Robins.I am fascinated.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_Me_Love_(Robyn_song)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_Me_Love_(Robin_S._song)

    Robyn had "Show Me Love" in 1997. Robin S. had "Show Me Love" in 1993.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwww that is so crazy. I love how in the second article, they talk about "unrelated artist Robyn."

    someday I wanna be "unrelated artist Rachel"

    ReplyDelete