Friday, March 27, 2009

"Private Eyes"-Hall & Oates

"Private Eyes" is sort of like a sandwich with white bread, mayonnaise, individually-wrapped American cheese slices, and turkey that comes in the little plastic package. It's kind of slimy and ridiculous, and there's no real reason why the elements should combine in any decent way, but sometimes it's just what you want. And anyone that knows me knows that I want turkey sandwiches A LOT.

The music video (link below) shows that they are getting a real kick out of whatever it is they think they're doing. One thing that's fun for the listener at home is to make a whip-cracking motion and funny face every time the handclap part happens, but not on a first date. In fact, don't play "Private Eyes" on a first date at all.

www.youtube.com/watch?/v=anLfoy2XsFw



2 comments:

  1. I'd say baloney instead of turkey, but yeah, you're absolutely right. Their best of is pretty fucking unimpeachable, though:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Very_Best_of_Daryl_Hall_%26_John_Oates

    ReplyDelete
  2. but I don't LIKE baloney. maybe I will spend all the money I would have spent on baloney and buy that greatest hits album.

    ReplyDelete